Tuesday, December 22, 2009

So close...

Christmas and house.

I've decided to be done buying gifts, whether I am or not. Our settlement date came as a surprise of sorts and I woke up this morning panicked over all sorts of ridiculous things (we don't have an oven mitt! where will we get an affordable area rug?! we have to move in the snow?!) I impulsively braved midday Christmas traffic to drive creepily past the house and sure enough not an inch has been shoveled. I'm hoping Santa brings hot and heavy sunshine this year...

I know Spencer is out buying gifts and I'm sure a few are for me. I have an urge to text him: oven mitt, Tupperware, cans of light blue paint. But that doesn't fly with him. He loves the impractical, playful gifts that Christmastime allows.

And that's not a bad thing.

Honestly there is a good chance our ancient, olive green wall oven won't even work...

No comments:

Post a Comment