Sunday, January 10, 2010

Haven't we met before?

I love being cheap. It's one of my most favorite things to do, and I'm really good at it.

Having said that, it should be of no surprise that yesterday, while shopping at HD for Glidden's Celery Sticks green, I was overjoyed when I saw a gallon of green on the "opps" shelf ($5!) I studied it for a long time. It wasn't the exact shade I was searching for, but hey, it was close enough to save me 25 bones!

Something was familiar about it.

It is the EXACT shade of green as the tiles we just stupidly removed from the bathroom. exactly. like, I painted the toilet on a small corner and when it dried I couldn't find where I had painted. that exact.

Since I was alone, and can't make a good desicion about hardly anything, I naturally called my mom for help. She drove over. I made her get in the car and sweat through traffic just to tell me what I already knew. I heart her.

So, I slapped the paint up on the small bedrooms walls (well, I cut-in and did one wall. It's hard to paint a room solo!) and decided to "go in a different direction" for the 3rd bedroom/bathroom. Spencer and I stopped by after our movie date and he didn't hate it like I thought. He was cool. I was relieved. I'm hoping he continues in his coolness and paints the rest himself while I'm at work tomorrow...

Tomorrow He also meets with the contractor to discuss our homes major repairs. This will have a big say in when we can officially trek our goods over and finally stay the night/forever. This wednesday would be the best...fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment