Friday, January 29, 2010

It's the little things...

Moving into your first, roommate-free, place allows you to be more open with your silly decorating ideas. Besides hosting amazing parties and eventually having our home featured in national magazines, I have a slew of little things I was excited to try out...

*disclaimer* nothing ground breaking here! just 2 "projects' I was looking forward to for some odd reason or another!


See? I always wanted to dump some dried green peas into a glass jar for an instant and inexpensive centerpiece. No rockets being sent off to space here, dear. The glass was picked up from the thrift store for $2, and I used 3 $1 a pop bags of peas. 1 old candle and a weird wooden lei later...presto, dream satisfied.

BUT THAT'S NOT ALL FOLKS!


I altered an idea found over at YHL and shadowboxed a few of my favorite pressed pennies from my many adventures. It still hasn't found a place on the wall yet...but I'm excited to show it off!

That's it for today! We're hosting a little *dinner party* tonight and I'll be attempting to roast my first chicken. I love cooking, but I have an unnatural fear of handling raw poultry. YUCK.

I might just make pizza.

1 comment:

  1. Love the green peas! I'm adding it to my list of fillers next to sand and brown rice. Good one.

    Also love how your penny shadow box looks. The first time I met my boyfriend's family, we went to the John Deere Museum and I got one of those pressed pennies from Brian's Dad as a little souvenir. I never really "collected" them before but that would be a neat thing to start!

    ReplyDelete